Hello and welcome to another late edition of AEW In-ring statistics, this time covering night 2 of AEW Grand Slam. This article's in-focus match is CM Punk's first TV match in 7 years as he walked out victorious over Powerhouse Hobbs. You will be able to find the rest of the matches' statistics below as well.
CM Punk vs Powerhouse Hobbs
- Classic big man/little man split via Total Offence and Big Offence.
- Hobbs matching Punk for Submission is perhaps a surprising note.
- 4 Strikedowns against Hobbs shows Punk's opponent's willingness to put him over too.
- Punk had three very notable peaks. These were much higher than Hobbs'.
- Hobbs had 7 minutes of advantage compared to Punk's 5.
- Punk had a 3 minute spell where he was shutout by Hobbs.
- Punk's hot start set up Hobbs to crush that momentum and achieve maximum heat.
- Hobbs' prolonged period of advantage set him up as a monster to be downed in this isolated match.
- Punk's comeback in the 10th minute triggered a duel for control which Punk only won in the 14th minute.
Notable comparisons between Punk vs Hobbs and Punk vs Darby:
- Punk's Strike Rate more than tripled against Hobbs. But total Strikedowns were exactly the same.
- However his Submission Rate quartered.
- Punks's match vs Darby was completely clean, whereas he answered Hobbs' rule-breaks with some of his own.
- Punk's Taunt Rates were exactly the same in both matches, despite their differences.